Welcome to Bambi and Duck. To mark a new chapter in our lives, I'm starting a new blog.
A little intro,
I'm Bambi and Duck's mum. I love to talk about my boys, mark important things they have done, remember nice times we've had and record the funny things they say and do, because god knows I can barely remember their birthdays let alone the millions of times they make me smile every week.
Bambi is 2 1/2. He has just stopped napping in the day, and instead I am educating him through the Disney back catalogue. First up was Bambi, so for 2 weeks now we have had daily discussions of death, hunters and the fact that snow is cold but fun and ice is slippy. (All the important messages I think you'll agree.) So that's why he's called Bambi on here. Plus he's cute, like a deer. He loves dancing, jumping, fixing things with real tools, running, looking after his 'baby', reading books together and playing with his kitchen. He's totally adorable 70% of the time and drives me crazy the other 30%. Because he's 2. They do that.
Duck is nearly one. The poor little guy has a Christmas birthday and I fear a lifetime of "2 gifts in 1" lies ahead of him. He has just learnt to walk, at 10 months, so is currently sporting an impressive array of headwounds from falling over in spectacular style once or 20 times a day. He's chunky (gigantic) and sturdy. He likes peekaboo, knocking stuff over, bashing things, giving open mouth kisses, showing off that he can pick up a football from standing, and walking. Walking, walking, walking!
Bambi and Duck's Dad can be called Mr B&D for the purposes of this blog. He's self employed which means we CAN sometimes force him to come and play with us during the day, but also means he works lots and literally takes his work home with him. Luckily his work is beer, so it's not all bad.
We are currently living half in my parents' house and half in my in-laws' house. Both houses and families are wonderful but I'm desperate to move into our new home. An old, fairly dilapidated end terrace on a busy road with no bath. Living out of suitcases for 6 weeks was probably a good move because moving straight from our gorgeous old maisonette to the new place would've felt like a step down. Moving there from 'no fixed abode' will be a dream!